Middle East Economic Association thrives on its members. MEEA has over 700 members on its mailing list and over 150 members participate in its conferences annually.
Members are eligible for the following services:
(1) Receive the MEEA Newsletter twice a year
(2) Submit articles to MEEA conferences
(3) Participate in MEEA Business Meetings
(4) Take out a membership in a MEEA Chapter
(5) Receive e-mailed messages from the MEEA Executive Secretary and Treasurer
(6) Receive announcements of publications
How to Become a member
Members should pay membership dues annually to maintain their membership. The membership dues are based on region of residence (not birth). There are two regions of residence as follows:
Region A: Countries that are classified as “high income” by the World Bank. The list can be found here: http://databank.worldbank.org/data/download/site-content/CLASS.xls It includes North America, Europe, Japan, South Korea, Australia, New Zealand, and Gulf countries such as Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the UAE.
Region B: All other countries (not included in Region A.)
The membership fees are:
1. Regular members residing in region A: $30
2. Student members residing in region A: $20
3. Regular members residing in region B: $15
2. Student members residing in region B: $10
To become a member or renew membership and pay the membership dues click on the button below. You only need a credit card. A PayPal account is not necessary.
Note: Ibn Khaldun Prize winners (in the past two years) are exempt from both the MEEA membership due and conference submission fee.